Fixed Term Contract - Full Time
We're currently seeking to employ a team of Warehouse Operatives/Sample Handlers in Leamington Spa to work in a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This role represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health. Successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to be trained on new processes and develop a wide set of laboratory skills.
We are looking for team members who are able to learn new skills, work as part of a dynamic team, have attention to detail and able to follow health and safety standards.
Warehouse operatives are responsible for sample organisation, taking receipt of samples upon delivery, determining adequacy and appropriateness of samples and processing samples to ensure timely and safe delivery to the laboratory.
The Sample Handlers work in conjunction with the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result is always achieved.
Main duties include:
- Taking receipt of samples
- Tracking and recording sample receipt
- Aid in the management and organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation
- Manage and organise flow of samples that are fed into the next workstation
- Work according to SOPs, H&S requirements and laboratory's accreditation s Essential
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role;
- Good standard of general education GCSE maths & English (or equivalent).
- Ability to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to work productively within a team.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Manual handling skills and/or experience
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with an uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.