Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a Senior Warehouse Operative based in Milton Keynes who are comfortable working within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme. Although this is initially a 6 month contract, we are expecing this to be extended.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced and dynamic laboratory
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also improving your CV and gaining vital laboratory experience that will set you up for future success in the scientific field.
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £30,000 p/a, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
Other benefits include:
- 26 days holiday + BH
- Free parking, subsidised canteen and access to perkbox discounts
- 4 weeks days 4 weeks nights - 12hr shifts and 2 x 30 min break(1 unpaid)
- 1st week: Mon/Tue/Sat/Sun(Wed, Thurs, Fri off)
- 2nd week: Wed/Thur/Fri(Mon,Tue,Sat,Sun off)
- Days are 8.00 to 20.00 and nights are 20.00 to 08.00
- Maintain an accurate account of all goods received, transferred, issued or dispatched in order to achieve high accuracy levels using stock control system
- Store goods in appropriate locations, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed
- To issue goods to internal departments in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the Warehouse's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Receive and issue goods to/from external suppliers completing all relevant paperwork to maintain control over stock levels
- To maintain good housekeeping standards and Health & Safety working practices in order to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment for all members of staff
- To contribute to ensuring the stream of clinical, general and recyclable waste generated from the lab is collected and stored ready for collections. This will involve the use of a baling machine and the sorting of recyclable waste
- To contribute in a flexible manner in order to enhance the overall performance of the Warehouse
- To contribute to WMS generated stock audits ensuring the correct use of UOM is used when entering data back from the counts
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good people skills and the ability to work well within a team or alone
- Excellent timekeeping, ambition and desire to succeed
- Reliable and Dependable
- Previous experience with WMS systems
- Computer literate including being able to use Microsoft Office package to a good level
- FLT (Counterbalance) Driving licence and experience is desirable
- Minimum of 2 years Warehouse Operative experience
- Good standard of English and Maths (GCSE and equivalent, Grade C of higher)
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.