Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Laboratory Technicians to work in a state-of-the-art Light-House laboratory based in Milton Keynes, as part of the NHS Test and Trace Programme.
You will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community. As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Managing of samples from receipt through to sample processing and storage in line with laboratory processes
- Processing samples using Tecans 3
- Processing samples on the Kingfisher section
- Cleaning the laboratory and maintaining excellent sanitation
- Reporting equipment/process issues in accordance with relevant SOPs
- Working in accordance with laboratory SOPs and quality standards
- Any other reasonable task
This role requires does not require previous experience; however, it is essential that you can:
- Work in a high throughput environment
- Ability to work and think methodically
- Highly capable of working in teams to achieve an end goal
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work 12-hour day/night shift patterns
- Experience of working to quality management standards
- Understand that work relates directly to the NHS Test and Trace response to the COVID- 19 pandemic and to protecting public health
- Good Standard of Education (GCSEs in Science Maths and English) or equivalent
Candidates will be required to attend an assessment centre located in Milton Keynes, to be successful for the role.
Please speak to a member of the recruitment team to find out further details regarding the assessment.
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training and development on relevant laboratory practices and gain vital experience working in a specialised and state of the art facility, utilising the latest technologies and systems.
This role will require full flexibility as the shifts include day, evening, and weekend shifts. The shift pattern is a 4 on 4 off rotation, alternating from day to night shifts every month. Please speak to a member of the recruitment team to discuss this further.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference and contribute towards a social goal, then apply today!
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.