We're currently seeking HCPC Biomedical Scientists based in and around Cornwall to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Day to day activities in your role as HCPC Biomedical Scientist will include:
- The Specialist Biomedical Scientist will work as a key member of the department team, which is responsible for the effective operational and strategic direction of Pathology Services.
- The Specialist Biomedical Scientist will be responsible for developing and promoting efficient and effective systems and processes in the management of the department's resources. These resources are fully inclusive of finance, staff, information, equipment and space.
- The Specialist Biomedical Scientist will support the continuing provision of a high quality and responsive service, meeting both regulatory and accreditation requirements, specifically UKAS.
In order to be successful in the role of HCPC Biomedical Scientist, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BMS Degree or equivalent.
- Registered with HCPC as a Biomedical Scientist.
- Specialist portfolio or equivalent.
- Relevant laboratory experience.
- Able to perform complex laboratory tasks and assays.
- Able to understand and deal with abnormal results.
- Able to deal with IQC and EQA.
- Good interpretive skills.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.