Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Newcastle-based Departmental Manager to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As a Departmental Manager, you will extensive experience in managing a department within a clinical or related laboratory with the ability to communicate complex and contentious information to clinicians, staff and others.
You will be responsible for managing the financial and physical resources of the Covid-19 Testing Laboratory to ensure service delivery in line with National, Organisational and Directorate policies. The post holder will have a high level of specialist knowledge and experience in diagnostic techniques and must have Health Professions Council (HCPC) State Registration.
This role requires you to be experienced in modern laboratory techniques and good knowledge of current professional issues. Proven Experience of highly specialised techniques and Quality Management Systems and working to the ISO15189 standard
In order to be successful, you'll need the following skills and qualifications:
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent, Professional Registration
- MSc/FIBMS/Higher Specialist Portfolio or equivalent
- Management and Leadership course
- 3 Years post graduate specialist training.
- Minimum of 5yrs in-depth experience of modern laboratory techniques and good knowledge of current professional issues.
- Current Departmental management experience within a clinical laboratory or equivalent experience.
- Experience of highly specialised techniques.
- Experience of Quality Management Systems and working to the ISO15189 standard
- Ability to communicate complex and contentious information to clinicians, staff and others.
- Ability to motivate and develop others.
- Able to manage equipment and resources appropriately and cost effectively.
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Delegation and presentation skills
In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory:
- Post Graduate Management Diploma or equivalent
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Development of business plans
Please note that as a Departmental Manager, you are not required to have extensive experience across all of the desirable competencies described above, but applicants are expected to have relevant experience for the competency which they would oversee
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.