Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Newcastle-based Biomedical Scientist Team Leader to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As a Biomedical Scientist Team Leader, you will have extensive experience in specialised diagnostic techniques and must have Health Professions Council (HPC) State Registration. Registration enables the post-holder to work unsupervised.
You will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the day to day technical activities of the Covid-19 Testing Laboratory. It is a primary role of the post to provide specialist advice to clinical users of the service regarding test requirements, appropriateness and expected turnaround times.
This role requires you to be experienced in leading a team or section within a clinical laboratory or equivalent experience. Proven history of training staff and good knowledge of current professional issues.
In order to be successful, you'll need the following skills and qualifications:
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent,
- Professional Registration
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio or equivalent
- MSc/FIBMS or Higher Specialist Portfolio
- Substantial specialist training
- Minimum of 5 yrs in-depth experience of modern laboratory techniques and good knowledge of current professional issues.
- Proven history of training staff.
- Current Section Lead experience within a clinical laboratory or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate complex information to clinicians, staff and others.
- Ability to motivate and train others.
- Able to use equipment and resources appropriately and cost effectively.
- Leadership and organisational skills
In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory:
- Post Graduate Management/Leadership Diploma or equivalent
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio in discipline
- Experience of highly specialised techniques
- Training Officer status
- IBMS portfolio assessor
- Work Based Learning Supervisor
- Comprehension of the significance of clinical governance, clinical audit and achieving quality targets
- Delegation skills.
- Presentation Skills
Please note that as a Biomedical Scientist Team Leader, you are not required to have extensive experience across all of the desirable competencies described above, but applicants are expected to have relevant experience for the competency which they would oversee
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will be working Monday-Friday, 37.5hrs a week on day shifts.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.