Working at Royal Leamington Spa
What you can expect as our Warehouse Operative
As a Warehouse Operative in one of our labs, you will be responsible for sample organisation, taking receipt of samples upon delivery, determining adequacy and appropriateness of samples and processing samples to ensure timely and safe delivery to the laboratory.
You will work in conjunction with the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result is always achieved.
What you will be involved in
• Taking receipt of samples
• Tracking and recording sample receipt
• Aiding in the management and organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation
• Managing and organise flow of samples that are fed into the next workstation
• Working according to SOPs, H&S requirements and laboratory’s accreditation standard
In order to be successful in the role of Warehouse Operator, you’ll need the following experience, qualifications and skills:
• Previous experience working within fast moving warehousing/distribution centres or in similar physically demanding roles within manufacturing, construction and other relevant fields.
• An understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role (desirable but not essential)
• Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role
• Good standard of general education in GCSE maths or English (or equivalent)
• Ability to follow specific instructions
• Ability to work productively within a team
• Able to operate technology used in a similar role (i.e.: scanners, printers, box cutters, lift trucks (licensed operators preferred) and material handling equipment)
• Numerate, literate and able to follow documented Standard Operational Procedures
• Able to work under pressure to deadlines in a physically demanding work environment
• Good communication skills