Fixed Term Contract - Full Time - Days
We have several opportunities for fast-learning Warehouse Operatives based in Royal Leamington Spa who are comfortable working within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme. Prior experience of sample handling is desirable but not essential and full training will be provided.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced and dynamic laboratory environment.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also improving your CV and gaining vital laboratory experience that will set you up for future success in the scientific field.
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £9.89 p/h (with an end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
The bonus will be paid in two parts. 10% of your salary will be paid after 9 months and a further 10% after 18 months. For example, if your salary is £19,246.50, you will be paid a bonus of £1443.48 after 9 months and once more after 18 months.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will require full flexibility. We have 3 Full Time Day Shifts available:
- 37.5 hours - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday (Start times from 06.00 am)
- 37.5 hours - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Start times from 08.00 am)
- 37.5 hours - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Start times from 05.00 am)
As a Warehouse Operative in one of our labs, you will be responsible for sample organisation, taking receipt of samples upon delivery, determining adequacy and appropriateness of samples and processing samples to ensure timely and safe delivery to the laboratory.
You will work in conjunction with the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result is always achieved.
Your main duties will include:
- Taking receipt of samples
- Tracking and recording sample receipt
- Aiding in the management and organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation
- Managing and organise flow of samples that are fed into the next workstation
- Working according to SOPs, H&S requirements and laboratory's accreditation standard
In order to be successful in the role of Warehouse Operator, you'll need the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience working within fast moving warehousing/distribution centres or in similar physically demanding roles within manufacturing, construction and other relevant fields.
- An understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Able to operate technology used in a similar role (i.e.: scanners, printers, box cutters, lift trucks (licensed operators preferred) and material handling equipment)
- Numerate, literate and able to follow documented Standard Operational Procedures
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines in a physically demanding work environment
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
In addition, the following is desirable but not mandatory:
- GCSE Maths and English - Grade C /4-5 or above (or equivalent qualification)
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency.