Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Royal Leamington Spa-based Test Scientists to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
As a Test Scientist you will have the opportunity to work in a diverse branch of the Development and Innovation Group. The primary function of the scientific test team is to ensure the elimination of known risks to patient test outcomes in the successful deployment of changes in a high throughput diagnostic environment. As a member of the team, you be performing in two key areas. The first is the staged test and deployment of both system improvements and new diagnostic capability, responsive to new software and hardware technologies advances. The second is to ensure that all equipment removed from production is tested in compliance with ISO15189:2012 before redeployment.
- Responsible for performing unit, integration, regression and load-based testing, interfacing between automated robotics and LIMS systems.
- Responsible for the test and re-commissioning of all serviced and repaired equipment on the diagnostic lines presenting formal reports to the quality team for sign off.
- Perform Diagnostic end-2-end validation and verification activities
- Support change control activities
- Team specialisms include: Data Analysis, Quality Documentation, Training, Test Theory, Experimental design, Error simulation, method improvement
- Experienced in working in a high-pressured team where quality is paramount.
- Familiar with clinical diagnostic test procedures and assays.
- Understanding of test procedure and strategies needed to support continuous integration to meet business needs.
- Flexibility and a willingness to embrace change.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Patience and attention to detail.
- Able to work collaboratively across the broader organisation.
- Experience or working knowledge of best practice in a regulated environment.
- Accountable member of the team who is willing to take ownership.
- Has a creative approach to problem solving, identifying opportunity during change with the ability to communicate this effectively to the team.
- Science degree or equivalent industrial experience
- Background in software and automated equipment testing.
- Experienced in working in DevOps procedures and working in an Agile Environment.
- Worked within the ISO 15189:2012 quality framework.
Please note that as a Test Scientist, you are not required to have extensive experience across all of the desirable competencies described above, but applicants are expected to have relevant experience for the competency which they would oversee (for example an applicant for a role overseeing a PCR team would be expected to fulfil all the criteria in relation to PCR methods, but not necessarily the criteria related to RNA extraction). Please note you will also be required to pass BPSS clearance.
Please note, successful candidates will be required to spend an interim period of up to 4 weeks on day shifts in order to complete comprehensive onboarding training before transitioning onto your shift pattern. You will also be eligible for a 10% retention bonus.
To learn more, please speak to our team.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency.