We're currently seeking Technology Scientific Advisors to support a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Day to day activities in your role as a Technology Scientific Advisor will include:
- Support the implementation of opportunities and strategic direction for new technologies for SARS-COV-2 testing in healthcare and community settings
- Assess new technologies, measuring the stated performance characteristics against MHRA TPPs and current use-case categories and priorities. Present findings to TVG and expert panels
- Ensure that quality assurance materials are available for deployed products (IQC, EQA and proficiency panels) in collaboration with NHS and T&T quality leads
- Work in partnership with other members of the TVG and more broadly the Test and Trace Programme to deliver successful outcomes.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies for the testing of SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 and the strategies from government departments involved in the pandemic response. This will assist in defining the strategy for TVG within the Test and Trace programme.
In order to be successful in the role of Technology Scientific Advisor you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Educated to master's level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
- Knowledge and experience in researching, assessing technologies and scientific reports
- Awareness of the current limits of health-related scientific knowledge and experience of horizon scanning and 'blue skies' thinking
- Understanding of the issues underlying the scientific/ service workforce across Healthcare Science disciplines
- Awareness of the working relationship between the NHS, Department of health and professional bodies
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in a Healthcare environment
- Significant management experience in the NHS or other public healthcare related industry
- Significant experience and understanding of proven implementation of project management methodologies
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Experience of successfully operating in and delivering priorities in a partnership environment
- Experience of working with Research & Development in NHS or business environment
- Experience of motivating and inspiring staff to work together to achieve a common objective
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage own workload and make informed decisions in the absence of required information, working to tight and often changing timescales
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Ability to analyse numerical and written data, assess options and draw appropriate initiatives
- Dynamic personality and the ability to build trusted stakeholder relationships and wide support networks in a political context
- Ability to prepare and produce concise yet insightful communications for dissemination to stakeholders as required
- Advanced skills in communicating information including diplomacy, tact, training, empathy, reassurance, persuasion, motivation, negotiation skills in communicating complex, sensitive and contentious matters
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.