We're currently seeking Specialist Practitioners based in and around Cambridge to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Day to day activities in your role as a Specialist Practitioner will include:
- The post holder will be an experienced scientist with well-developed specialist knowledge & skills in molecular/virology fields.
- They will be required to work unsupervised (including on shift or on-call systems where appropriate and necessary), either as part of a team or independently, receiving, analysing and reporting specimens for COVID-19 testing.
- The post holder will be required to perform a complex range of tests using dedicated scientific equipment on all samples received.
- They will be required to interpret and report results in accordance with agreed service protocols.
- They will also be required to ensure their appropriate continual professional development and train and supervise less experienced staff as directed by their line manager.
In order to be successful in the role of our Specialist Practitioner you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent
- IBMS Specialist portfolio, equivalent post graduate diploma or equivalent in depth experience in molecular/virology fields
- HCPC Registration as a Biomedical Scientist (desirable)
- Experience of a busy Pathology laboratory
- Able to apply and sustain mental effort required to carry out detailed work requiring high levels of concentration, multi-tasking and supporting other team members.
- Excellent timekeeping and a flexible approach to work.
- Able to participate with a rotating shift pattern in a 24/7 environment
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.