We're currently seeking Milton Keynes-based Senior Informatics Data Analyst to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
Reporting to the COO the role of the Senior Informatics Data Analyst is to primarily lead the design and implementation of Bioinformatics Systems in UKBC. The role holder must be able to manage effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide support to the Head of Laboratories in analysing Bioinformatics Data in UKBC.
In addition to the above the role holder will provide administrative and operational support to end users as well as provide support to the LIMS Developer with regard to identifying data integrity issues, analysing the root cause and implementing a fix to the solution.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
As a Senior Informatics Data Analyst, you will have to :
- Act as the Design Authority for UKBC Bioinformatics Systems
- Ensure that Bioinformatics Systems are implemented and maintained to meet the business requirements.
- Provision of data for and attendance at all internal and external data quality meetings.
- Design and implement informatics components of projects.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. Laboratory / Operations / IT).
- Evaluate technologies and solutions and determine suitability for Bioinformatics Systems.
- Report to the Head of Laboratories with regards to progress of projects, identification of issues and proposal of solutions.
- Provide estimates on resourcing and timescales for delivery.
- Provide operational support to end users.
In order to be successful, you'll need the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience in using programming languages such as SQL.
- Knowledge of laboratory information management systems platforms.
- Good understanding of data architecture and design.
- Experience working with complex data sets.
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures and automated systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. Laboratory / Operations / IT).
- Educated to degree level or higher in computing, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally, clearly and persuasively, explaining complicated matters simply, tailoring delivery methods/media to suit the audience's needs and understanding.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions while satisfying any constraints imposed by the business i.e. resource or time.
- Ability to consider wider impact of decisions, assessing possible outcomes and their likelihood.
- Ability to challenge decisions and proposals appropriately to ensure processes are robust.
In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory:
- Ability to use coaching & mentoring skills and skills of persuasion & negotiation to lead teams.
- Experience in cloud services.
- Line Management experience.
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role offers standard office working hours Monday - Friday.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.