Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a Senior HR Manager Business Engagement - Leamington Spa-based to work within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
The Senior HR Manager Business Engagement role will operate within the LSL to lead on partnering and engaging with the laboratory senior and line management, ensuring comprehensive Employee Relations, staff engagement and internal communications support to the laboratory management.
The role will have a customer-centric focus, building a solid understanding of the laboratory business in order to deliver appropriate support at pace and as required.
Relationship management and service delivery
- Work with the HRD, SHRM - Operations and the SLT to co-create and drive a LSL HR/people plan which considers internal/external, current/future influences and supports the achievement of the following:
- Performance management to drive high performance culture.
- Proactive plans that respond to staff survey results and build engagement and staff advocacy
- Embedding the diversity and inclusion aspirations of LSL and the values-based culture and purpose agreed by the SLT.
- Resource planning and longer term talent management (including succession planning) to drive mobility, professional growth, and support retention/reduce single person dependency.
- Enhanced wellbeing of staff and smarter working principles
- CIPD qualified (MCIPD or above)
- Commercial knowledge and acumen - broad understanding of typical operations and key issues facing the LSL
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders on HR/people matters - challenging and changing senior level behaviours and thinking to those which support positive organisational change
- Sound technically in at least two areas of HR specialism (eg organisational change, TUPE, equality/inclusion)
- Experience of project managing, designing and developing a range of HR programmes to time and budget
- Experience of providing commercial, risk-based advice to senior staff on complex employment relations matters
- Clear, concise communications skills using a range of media - e.g. engaging presentations, facilitating group sessions, the ability to write effective business papers and wider people communications
- Leadership and management skills which enable effective development and appropriate management of HR colleagues and/or those being project managed
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting people and organisational priorities and respond quickly to emerging people matters
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and use initiative as well as create innovative solutions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda,
- Sound IT skills including Excel
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, factory or distribution centre
The role offers £54,000 plus retention bonus
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this project please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency