Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a Quality Lead based in and around London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Working in partnership to support the fight against COVID-19. Applications are invited for a Quality Lead Officer position. The role holder will aid the laboratory manager with the setting up, implementation and running of a quality management system (QMS) in a SARS CoV2 testing laboratory
- To develop, implement, manage and maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) for the laboratory in accordance with MHRA, UKAS and other compliance or accreditation body standards.
- To produce a Quality Policy and a Quality Manual, to maintain these documents and identify areas for improvement in quality management in the laboratory
- To produce quality plans and objectives to meet the changing needs of the laboratory environment.
- To provide highly specialised advice on quality issues within the laboratory that have a direct impact on the level of service provided
- To produce and present regular reports on the QMS and training system.
- To ensure that information relevant to quality reaches laboratory users.
- To establish and maintain a document control system.
- To develop, implement and supervise a system of internal audit throughout the laboratory and to ensure that effective and immediate action is taken to resolve any issues identified.
- To train laboratory staff in quality principles and practice.
- To develop and implement a Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) system for the laboratory.
- MSc in life sciences or equivalent
- Further professional qualification in quality management
- Broad experience of working in a clinical laboratory (preferably molecular assays using automated platforms).
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and good laboratory practice, specifically in relation to work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to: produce written reports, policies, protocols, Interpret and validate results, and interpret statistical data.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.