Long Term Temporary role
We're currently seeking a Plymouth based Quality Analyst to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Your primary responsibility will be to support the Quality Manager and Operation managers in all aspects of Quality Management and ensuring each department meets or exceeds the standards required of ISO 15189
You will be part of a team of onsite Quality Specialists who will create awareness and provide training and education to all employees on quality processes and programs.
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System
- Maintenance of the Document Control System
- Quality Assurance and Control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits
- Training & Education: Develop and implement training and education programs, to educate employees and management on quality processes, standards and results
- Project Management: Plan, initiate and management quality improvement projects
- Provide input into review meetings with business leaders.
- Provide advice and support to the Site Manager and teams on Quality issues
This role requires you to be experienced in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs
In order to be successful, you'll need the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs
- Have working knowledge with the ISO 15189 or 17025 standard
- Work collaboratively with Laboratory Operations staff
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- A good balance of negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
As well as a competitive day rate of £17.28p/h and an evening rate £20.74p/h, you'll also receive comprehensive training.
This role will be working This role is 42 Hours per week, 7 working days per fortnight, 4-week rotation between day and night shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.