Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Warwickshire-based, Occupational Health Nurses to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
As an Occupational Nurse you will be working alongside the senior leadership team to implement and manage the occupational health programmes by establishing policies and procedures.
When required you will be liaising with GP's physiotherapists or specialist when required.
You will be supporting the Line Managers and HR with the case managements of workers including sickness absence and work-related injuries/illnesses.
You will be managing new starter health assessments and maintaining medical records, in line with the cooperate legislation, UK law and occupational health requirements. As well as working with the health and safety team to develop appropriate risk assessments such as DSE maternity and workplace ergonomics.
As an Occupational Nurse you will be assessing, managing and undertaking health surveillance and assessments, to comply with statutory legislation and Corporate Occupational Health requirements.
In order to be successful, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc in Nursing and appropriate qualifications to practice in the UK.
- Occupational Health Nursing Qualification - With a minimum of diploma level Experience
- Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience, with a minimum of 2 years Occupational Health Nursing experience.
- Have previous experience of working as an Occupational Health Worker in a large or mid-sized company or institution.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others
- Patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished skills and positioning your nursing career for further success and growth.
If this role meets your requirements and you hold the relevant level of experience and qualifications, please apply now!