Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Mobile Operation Managers based around the UK to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also developing first-rate technical skills and setting your Scientific career up for future success.
You will be joining a supportive environment and will be provided with training and accreditation for the role and processes you are required to undertake.
As an Operations Manager you will be responsible for the management of technical and key manage staff members across a full 7 day, 24/7 rotas across department. You will support their personal development and ensuring all staff have completed training and competency for their roles. You will provide support on operational and quality issues including problem solving.
Develop and maintain clear lines of communication to deliver on service agreements, on a daily basis. You will be managing laboratory operations of the laboratory including resource allocation, supply and maintenance of equipment, reagents, and consumables. You will Provide operational management to plan, organise and deliver a cohesive service with robust and consistent systems.
You will develop and review Standard Operating Procedures Ensure laboratory documentation for operational requirements and reports and be responsibly for controlled workplace practices and conduct in the laboratory to ensure compliance with legal, health and safety standards (aligned with the Site Manager).
On a day to day basis you will be working in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager and will be responsible for the environmental monitoring of the Local Laboratory setting. This will include overseeing the maintenance of all laboratory equipment and the associated preventative maintenance schedule, ensuring servicing is completed periodically and records are maintained to comply with GCLP and other regulatory requirements.
You will act as the central point of contact for laboratory equipment related matters/troubleshooting, work with the service to plan ahead for future service provision, equipment supply, and staff availability to meet the required volume of tests, adapting plans at short notice in response to changes in priorities. You will be providing oversight to ensure diagnostic test in alignment with guidelines/regulations whilst providing guidance/expertise in computerized system validations, ensuring secure reporting of results.
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Biomedical Scientist, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Post-graduate qualification or Msc
- Management Training (or equivalent hands on experience)
- Extensive operational management experience
- Experience within a laboratory setting
- Experience of writing, maintaining and reviewing controlled documents and producing information for external reports (e.g. for regulatory agencies)
- Extensive team management experience
- Understanding of COSHH and Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks and meet operational deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem Solving skills: Ability to analyse and solve complex problems, including problems not covered by existing guidelines, and adapt working practices accordingly
- Proven people management skills including the ability to correct, direct, develop, motivate and coach staff
- Team working skills, including an understanding of the importance and requirements of good team working
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure with good personal organisation and time management skills
- Proven ability to prioritise, plan ahead and manage a high volume of work to meet deadlines, ensuring that the laboratory runs in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent computer and IT literacy
- An innovative, pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Discipline and regard for confidentiality
Strong negotiation skills with staff and external agencies and proven ability to achieve successful outcomes. In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory:
- Proven experience working in an accredited laboratory (e.g. GCLP/ISO/UKAS)
- Experience of development of molecular and/or immunoassay methods using automated platforms
- Evidence of taking a leading role in the preparation for accreditation inspections.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership on key performance indicators and metrics
- Excellent quality assurance and quality management
- Project management and budget management skills
As well as a competitive rate of pay you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment, with fantastic benefits. Please speak to our team to learn more.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will require full flexibility and you must uphold a UK drivers license. Please speak to our team to learn more.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.