Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Mobile Laboratory Operations Manager based in and around Leeds or Deeside to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community and join a supportive environment where training and accreditation (where relevant) will be provided for this role.
What you can expect:
- Manage laboratory operations of the laboratory including resource allocation, supply and maintenance of equipment, reagents and consumables.
- Provide operational management to plan, organise and deliver a cohesive service with robust and consistent systems.
- Develop and maintain clear lines of communication to deliver on service agreement.
- Control workplace practices and conduct in the laboratory to ensure compliance with legal, health and safety standards (aligned with the Site Manager)
- Responsible for the environmental monitoring of the Local Laboratory setting.
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures Ensure laboratory documentation for operational requirements and reports
- Implement and maintain monitoring systems to ensure compliance with GCLP and other guidelines
- Prepare, plan, conduct and evaluate audit findings.
- When required, process corrective actions, which may include the implementation of new systems, and verify the effectiveness of such actions following internal audits and/or external inspections.
- Oversee the maintenance of all laboratory equipment and the associated preventative maintenance schedule, ensuring servicing is completed periodically and records are maintained to comply with GCLP and other regulatory requirements.
- Work with the service to plan ahead for future service provision, equipment supply, and staff availability to meet the required volume of tests, adapting plans at short notice in response to changes in priorities.
- Act as the central point of contact for laboratory equipment related matters/troubleshooting.
- As part of the management team provide input and assistance with strategic operational plan development and implementation.
What we're looking for:
A PhD in Molecular Biology
Extensive management experience in Laboratory setting
Managed and trained staff in laboratory setting
You will receive a minimum 6-month contract
Working hours and shift times
The role will work on rotating day patterns (including some weekend work) with flexible start times.
Please be aware that Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.