Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Medical Laboratory Assistants based in Liverpool, to work in a new COVID-19 Lighthouse Testing, as part of the NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while contributing towards the fight towards the global pandemic.
As a Medical Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Virology department with the following:
- Taking receipt of patient samples and performing preliminary processing of specimens prior to analysis
· To store and keep detailed archive of samples and to maintain an up to date knowledge of new developments in the laboratory
· To prepare specimens received by the laboratory for analysis Work with BMS staff
· To use equipment safely in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and local standard operating procedures
· To report any adverse incidents or non conformities or breaches of health and safety to a senior BMS Temperature monitoring of fridge, freezers, incubators and the environment
- General housekeeping cleaning of safety cabinets and department
- Previous work in a laboratory environment
- Ability to use IT tools
- Awareness of laboratory health and safety requirements
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Meticulous and orderly approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- A courteous manner
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work with biological materials
GCSEs or equivalent in Maths, English and Sciences
This is a temporary contract, offering a Band 3 rate of pay of £12.82
The role is full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday however there is also Saturday shifts that they will need to attend. The laboratory operational hours are 08:00am - 20:00pm. The shifts are 08:00am - 16:30pm or 11:30am - 20:00pm with 1 hour unpaid for lunch, this is on a rota.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of exciting individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome to combat against the pandemic.
If you're ready for a new challenge and are ready to start work ASAP, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.