Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Laboratory Specialist Practitioners based in and around Berkshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also developing first-rate technical skills and setting your Scientific career up for future success.
You will be joining a supportive environment and will be provided with training and accreditation for the role and processes you are required to undertake.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As a Laboratory Specialist Practitioner, you'll be an experienced scientist with well-developed specialist knowledge and skills in molecular and virology fields. You will be required to work unsupervised (including on-shift or on-call systems where appropriate), either as part of a team or independently, receiving, analysing and reporting specimens for COVID-19 testing. Part of this role also requires you to carry out a complex range of tests using dedicated scientific equipment on all samples received.
This position also involves interpreting and reporting results in accordance with agreed service protocols. You will also be overseeing appropriate continual professional development, training and supervision over less experienced staff as directed by their line managers.
In order to be successful, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent
- IBMS Specialist portfolio or equivalent post graduate diploma, or equivalent in-depth experience in molecular/virology fields
- Experience of a busy Pathology laboratory
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions
- Professional calm and efficient manner
- Effective organisation/prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to apply and sustain mental effort required to carry out detailed work requiring high levels of concentration, multi-tasking and supporting other team members
- Excellent timekeeping and a flexible approach to work. Able to participate with a rotating shift pattern in a 24/7 environment
In addition, the following education is also desirable but not mandatory:
- HCPC Registration as a Biomedical Scientist
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.