Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a Lab Technician based in and around London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Working in partnership to support the fight against COVID-19. Applications are invited for a Laboratory Technician position. This role would suit individuals with or working towards a scientific degree and will give the candidate the opportunity to broaden their molecular biology knowledge and practical skill set in a high throughput laboratory.
- To communicate with the supervisor and other lab personnel on a routine basis for the purpose of timely execution of key activities including: planning tests; ensuring adequate laboratory consummables are on hand to conduct said tests; ensuring that all tests are conducted on properly serviced and calibrated equipment, recording data in electronic, hand-written and other formats as appropriate; data analyses and reporting
- To carry out laboratory related practical work in order that all necessary aspects of the job can be accomplished.
- To carry out processing of COVID-19 samples according to established standard operating procedures.
- Perform cleaning duties, equipment daily and PM maintenance and QC recording
- To perform laboratory analysis of test samples.
- Degree in biological science or equivalent
- Laboratory experience
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and good laboratory practice, specifically in relation to work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package and good computer skills, with experience of data entry
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.