Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Lab Logistics Operative based in Bracknell, to work in a new COVID-19 Lighthouse Testing, as part of the NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while contributing towards the fight towards the global pandemic.
As a Lab Logistics Operative, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in logistics activity as instructed, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) under the supervision of the COVID-19 Lighthouse Laboratory Logistics Supervisors
- Directing vehicles which arrive on site to deliver COVID-19 testing samples and laboratory consumables
- Receipt of COVID-19 testing samples and laboratory consumables into the warehouse from transport services
- Unloading and scanning consignment boxes and checking written consignment information
- Entry of consignment information into computer systems
- Manoeuvring of boxes and crates
- Unpacking sealed COVID-19 testing sample bags from the consignment boxes and preparing them for delivery to the laboratory
- Preparing supplies of consumables for delivery to the laboratory
- Driving logistics vehicles to transport samples, consumables, and waste to and from the laboratory (where the post holder has a full driving licence, including category C1)
- Following SOPs, undertake waste disposal of laboratory samples and used consumables
- To keep the Logistics Supervisor informed of all matters regarding logistics procedures and help with the smooth running of the department, to minimise errors and maximise efficiency through agreed priorities and to achieve testing targets.
- Assist in monitoring stock control of consumables held in stores
- Regular and thorough cleaning of equipment and workspaces, complying with SOPs and specific COVID safety requirements
This role requires does not require previous experience; however, it is essential that you can:
- Use computerised systems
- Be observant of detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks and organise daily work and make clear decisions
- Work as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Understanding that work relates directly to the NHS Test and Trace response to the COVID- 19 pandemic and to protecting public health
- Standard Level of Education (GCSEs in Maths and English)
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant warehouse procedures and equipment, which utilises the latest technologies.
This role will require full flexibility as the shifts include day, evening, and weekend shifts. The shift pattern is a 3 on 3 off rotation, which swaps from day and night shifts every 12 days. Please speak to a member of the team to discuss this further.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of exciting individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome to combat against the pandemic.
If you're ready for a new challenge and are ready to start work ASAP, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.