What : IT Technician / IT Support
Where : Leamington Spa (Office Based)
Type : 18 months Contract
Working Hours : 10 hour shifts (4 on 4 off)
We are currently looking for a number of IT Technicians to join them on a long term contract basis in their office in Leamington Spa. You will be working in a fast pace environment providing face-to-face desktop support.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
To be the right candidates you will have:
Experience & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in PC/laptop physical hardware set-up and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge and experience in desktop software configuration, including Windows 10
- Strong knowledge and experience in MS Office applications, including strong skills in Excel and Office 365 administration.
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Good working knowledge of network technologies such as IP/DHCP, WiFi, VPN and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Good knowledge of laboratory management and analysis systems
- Knowledge of security software
- Knowledge of application troubleshooting beyond MS
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a similar role.
- Available to Work Shifts 24/7
Experience & Knowledge
- Microsoft certification in desktop or server system support.
- ITIL foundation certified
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency