My client, an organisation that has been set-up in reaction to the covid pandemic based in Leamington Spa is seeking a HR Manager Operations, paying up to £21.51 per hour plus a 10% bonus, on an initial 18 month contract with the potential to be extended.
The HR Manager Operations role will operate within the LSL ensuring a first class HR operational service is delivered across the entirety of the Laboratory.
The role will have a customer-centric focus, building a solid understanding of the laboratory business in order to deliver appropriate HR operational support at pace and as required. Working with HR Business Engagement team, the HRM HR Operations will contribute to and support the delivery of the HR/People plan and co-deputise for some aspects of the Senior HR Manager's role when absent.
Service delivery and relationship management
- As part of an advisory team, deliver a site-HR operational service which supports the LSL's operational efficiency and dovetails with the managed service provider's (MSP) policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate tracking of service levels and follow-up/escalation
- Create strong relationships with the MSP and any other service provider as required
- Ensure close management of the payroll provider to ensure an accurate, timely and responsive payroll service through monitoring KPIs's and working together to resolve any issues
- Help monitor and remedy any concern detected with respect to the MSP's performance against KPIs and in line with service level agreements.
- Ensure the provision of a first point of contact 'baseline' employee relations advisory service, providing accurate, practical support to line managers and staff and escalating complex cases and queries as appropriate.
- Provide clear expert advice to staff and line managers on policies, processes and procedures for the LSL, and also be clear on when to direct certain issues to the employing agency.
- Support the production of a regular, clear and incisive MI reporting that will provide people insights and an outcomes-based approach to line managers.
- Support/delivery of cyclical exercises such HR calendar development.
HR Plan implementation
- Work with the SHRMs on identified initiatives in accordance with prevailing site and Managed Service Provider (MSP) policies.
- If/when required playing a key role in the implementation of any agreed programmes and/or initiatives.
- Support the plan to address the expiration/extension of staff fixed term contracts in 2022.
- Ensure efficient and legally compliant site policies and processes are regularly reviewed, refreshed and updated as required to meet Lab needs.
- Work with the rest of the HR team to co-create and drive a LSL HR/people plan which supports the achievement of the following:
- Performance management to drive high performance culture.
- Engaged staff
- Embedded diversity and inclusion
- Effective resource planning and talent management (including succession planning)
- Enhanced wellbeing of staff
- Continuous improvement and smarter working
- Supporting the identification of interdependencies, and contributing to options/solutions.
- Support the wider HR team in issuing timely, engaging staff communications in line with the SHRM - Business Engagement's business engagement remit.
- Act as an advisor and coach to more junior team members, both in direct team and across the wider people function.
- Coach and role model professional HR standards and customer service excellence which enhances the reputation of the HR team.
- Develop own knowledge and skills (both professionally and corporately), including market/sector knowledge, economic trends, HR best practice, and prevailing employment legislation.
- Proactively suggest ways in which to enhance HR effectiveness and efficiency and support the implementation of these
- Work closely with Resourcing and Training colleagues to deliver a seamless service and implementation of the HR/People Plan, including obtaining relevant MI data to effectively represent their areas in any overall HR MI reporting.
To apply for this Senior Human Resources Manager role, you must have general HR experience and be CIPD qualified
You will also require the following:
- Experience managing and influencing senior stakeholders on HR/people matters
- Skill in at least two areas of HR specialism (e.g. organisational change, TUPE, equality/inclusion)
- Experience project managing, designing, and developing a range of HR programmes to time and budget
In return for your knowledge and expertise, you will receive a favourable salary and benefits package.
To apply for this HR Manager job in Royal Leamington Spa, contact Tate today.