Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a HR Manager Business Engagement - Leamington Spa-based to work within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
The HR Manager Business Engagement role will operate within the LSL on partnering and engaging with the laboratory line management, ensuring comprehensive Employee Relations, staff engagement and internal communications support to the laboratory management.
The role will have a customer-centric focus, building a solid understanding of the laboratory business in order to deliver appropriate support at pace and as required. Working with the HR Operations team, the role will contribute to the development of the HR/People plan and share deputising for some aspects of the SHRM's role in their absence.
Relationship management and service delivery
- Support and guide line managers with varying levels of experience to navigate the various people processes & standards applied throughout the Laboratory
- Attend lab ops and relevant management meetings to support and drive forward people solutions to operational lab issues.
- Work with HR Ops and the wider People function to provide relevant people management information and insights.
- Keep abreast of any Employment Law changes that could affect the Laboratory's policies and brief line managers as appropriate
- Ensure the provision of expert employee relations advice on individual (escalated) cases.
HR/People plan development and change initiatives
Work with relevant line managers to support the SHRM BE in delivering certain objectives within the LSL HR/people plan, including but not limited to the following:
- Supporting performance management to drive a high performance culture within all areas of the Laboratory.
- Creating and delivering action plans arising from staff survey results
- Identifying key management roles and key niche roles within the Laboratory that require succession planning approach
- Developing and delivering well being initiatives that supporting continuous improvement and smarter working principles in designated areas of the Lab
- CIPD qualified
- Commercial knowledge and acumen
- Experience of managing, challenging and influencing stakeholders on HR/people matters
- Sound technically in at least one area of HR specialism (eg organisational change, TUPE, equality/inclusion)
- Experience of working on and driving key HR projects
- Experience of providing commercial, risk-based advice to senior staff on employment relations matters
- Clear, concise communications skills
- Good prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and use initiative as well as create innovative solutions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda,
- Sound IT skills including Excel
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, factory or distribution centre
The role offers £40,000 plus retention bonus
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this project please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency