Long Term Temporary role
We're currently seeking a Leamington Spa-based HR Coordinator to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
To coordinate the administration and logistics of all HR activity. Acting as the first point of contact for staff, triaging queries and providing quality advice on possible solutions. Provide timely and accurate maintenance of all HR systems, records and databases which enable effective management reporting of all HR activity for the organisation. Support the Senior HRBP and the HRBPs as well as supporting the wider business.
- Carry out all HR administration tasks as required
- Monitor staff attendance matters -preparing people absence reports,
- Support the coordination of staff inductions, actively seeking to improve the experience for new starters, supporting orientation and integration into the laboratory
- Be aware of employment policies (eg parental leave, absence etc), providing front line advice to employees and guidance for line managers.
- Triage HR queries, referring complex matters to the appropriate HRBP or line manager as required
- Act as point of liaison between the HRBP team, Training, Resourcing and other key internal stakeholders
- Ensure the coordination and administration of key HR initiatives and business as usual programmes as instructed i.e. People Survey
- Act as a note taker at meetings as required.
- Conduct employee exit interviews - ensuring key feedback to relevant HRBP is provided. Review and collate exit questionnaires to inform turnover MI reporting.
- Ensure the compliance and accuracy of records kept within HR
Key outputs and deliverables
- Provide timely, appropriate HR advice which supports the effective management of staff matters across the laboratory
- Ensure administrative tasks and communications are delivered in accordance with policy timeframes, HR best practice and SLA's/KPI's
- Role model exceptional service, ensuring that customers are at the heart of HR outputs.
- Appropriate escalation of and timely response to more complex matters
- Accurate and legally compliant work and record-keeping
This role requires you to be experienced in HR administration or support.
- Excellent customer service skills - recognising the importance of achieving a positive customer experience
- Working knowledge of HR employment practice including basic employment law and HR best practice
- Experience in HR administration processes including onboarding, recruitment and learning & development
- Ability to prioritise changing work demands, work under pressure, identify risks and respond according to business/staff needs
- Recognise key stakeholders, providing timely communications to all relevant parties
- Ability to produce high quality and legally compliant written work
- Effective and clear communications using a range of media
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft IT packages
- Previous experience of working in a factory or warehouse facility
- Working towards (or be willing to) an HR related qualification
- Interest in advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda
As well as a competitive salary offering of £30,000 plus an inviting retention bonus, you'll also receive comprehensive training.
The Lab is a 24/7 operation and the HR Coordinator will be required to work at least one late shift per week, for example 14:30-23:00 or 15:00-23:30, and one weekend late shift each month
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.