Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Domestic Supervisors based in and around Gateshead to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
- Supervise, monitor and develop a team of people including coaching and training of staff
- Monitor performance levels and contribute towards appraisal process and support development needs identified
- Ensure staff work in a safe manner observing all Infection Prevention Control measures, Health and Safety, COSHH, moving and training
- Oversee daily, weekly, and regular cleaning and infection control practices as defined by QE Facilities Policy, Procedures and Service Level Agreements within the designated area(s)
- Carry out regular checking and audit procedures, ensure faults identified are rectified within defined timescales
- Undertake fault call logging for maintenance services provided by QE Facilities Ltd and its contractors
- Offer support at "hands on level" when required
- Ensure domestic staff are provided with adequate cleaning equipment and materials
- Ordering and maintaining stock using stock management system
In order to be successful in the role of a Domestic Supervisor, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Basic numeric and literacy skills
- Willingness to undertake job related training
- Experience working in a domestic role/in a healthcare setting
- Understanding customer care and quality standards
- Cleaning procedures and protocols
- Cleaning chemicals application and storage
- Constructive team working and participation including multi-disciplinary team relationships
- Personal organisation and time management
In addition, the following education and skills are also desirable but not mandatory:
- NVQ or equivalent professional qualification
- Service standards within designated areas
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential work, please apply