Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Associate Practitioners / Laboratory Technicians based in and around Central London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As an AP, you will be an efficient and flexible member of the Pathology team providing a consistently high quality and professional service to all users of the service.
Day to day activities in your role as an AP will include:
- To assist and support registered Biomedical Scientists in providing a professional laboratory service.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective running of department and sections as appropriate.
- To provide clinical technical services to patients that may include research and audit samples.
- To use interpretive and technical skills to assist in determining the pathogenic and clinical significance of results of laboratory tests.
- To participate in the day to day supervision and training of Biomedical Support Workers.
In order to be successful in the role of our AP, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Foundation degree or degree in Biomedical Science or accredited degree, or similar scientific discipline
- Proven experience of working in a diagnostic pathology department
- Practical experience of a range of diagnostic pathology techniques
- Proven practical experience using diagnostic pathology laboratory equipment
- Experience of working with a laboratory computer system
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.