Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Laboratory Support Technicians based in and around Liverpool to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As a Laboratory Support Technician, you participate in the activities of the department. Primarily providing the technical support of the diagnostic service to the Trust and other users, in accordance with departmental protocols and under appropriate supervision.
Day to day activities in your role as a Laboratory Support Technician will include:
- To gain specialist technical and analytical knowledge by participating in ongoing specialist training and continuous professional development.
- To ensure compliance with all local and national standards of work practice e.g. Clinical Pathology Accreditation (CPA), NEQAS scheme and IQA/IQC procedures.
- To maintain knowledge necessary to participate in the highly specialised laboratory sections associated with a teaching hospital, on a rotational basis under supervision from experienced Biomedical Scientists.
- To have gained the necessary specialist knowledge and skills sufficient to work independently, seeking advice only when deemed necessary.
- To participate in Personal Development Plans and Appraisals, as an appraise.
- To attend laboratory methods meetings and be aware of any changes to methodology.
- To maintain knowledge of operational policies and procedures through use of the document management system.
- To actively participate in the in-service training programme.
- To attend relevant training courses as identified and agreed with senior staff and managers during staff appraisal sessions.
In order to be successful in the role of our Laboratory Support Technician, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc in relevant scientific discipline
- Ability to work as part of a team, or individually and organise and prioritise own workload
- Dextrous, good aseptic technique, able to handle fine pipettes and equipment
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions
- Ability to act off own initiative
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.