We're currently seeking Analysts based in and around Plymouth to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
- Day to day activities in your role as an Analysts will include:
- The analysis of Real Time PCR data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide results of COVID 19 diagnosis.
- To provide assurance to the Laboratory Senior Management team, through data analysis of the credibility of test results produced within the laboratory.
- To assist the Laboratory Shift Manager & Lead Scientist in the management of the laboratory.
- Review test results, maintains legible work records and enters findings into the laboratory information system (LIMS).
- Achieve, demonstrate, maintain and promotes scientific & technical excellence, and by example ensure high professional standards amongst the scientific, technical and support staff within the laboratory.
- To ensure that all staff meet the necessary standards of speed, quality and accuracy, appropriate to the level of experience and training.
- To be support the induction, training & competencies of staff within the section. This includes ensuring contemporaneous completion of all induction, training & competency records.
In order to be successful in the role of Scientist you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Educated to BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent qualification acceptable to the Institute of Biomedical Sciences and the Health Professions Council for registration.
- An understanding of the meaning of results to enable authorisation and appropriate action in dealing with abnormal or unusual results
- A working knowledge and practical application of the departments IT systems
- Experience in a laboratory preferably in molecular or microbiology.
- Team leadership skills
- Computer literacy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience of UKAS ISO 15189 Accreditation, audit and management
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.